ChatGpt is an AI chatbot developed by OpenAI and launched in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 families of large language models (LLMs) and has been fine-tuned (an approach to transfer learning) using both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques. ChatGPT was originally released in November 2022 based on GPT-3.5; GPT-4, the newest OpenAI model, was released on March 14, 2023, and is available for ChatGPT Plus users.
FEATURES OF CHATGPT
Although the core function of a chatbot is to mimic a human conversationalist, ChatGPT is versatile. For example, it can write and debug computer programs compose music, teleplays, fairy tales, and student essays; answer test questions (sometimes, depending on the test, at a level above the average human test-taker) write poetry and song lyrics; emulate a Linux system; simulate an entire chat room; play games like tic-tac-toe; and simulate an ATM ChatGPT’s training data include many pages and information about internet phenomena and programming languages.
ADVANTAGES OF CHAT GPT
- Chat Gpt is a natural language processing (NLP) technology that has recently gained significant traction.
- It stands for “Generative Pre-trained Transformer,”
- It has various applications in various industries, including social media, healthcare, customer service, and financial services.
- It can carry out natural conversations with customers and other stakeholders.
- GPT can analyze many types of written text, such as texts and spoken language, and offer accurate responses to frequently asked questions (FAQs) and customer queries.
- Chatgpt is highly scalable and efficient, making it a cost-effective option for companies of all sizes.
- It is highly accurate, with a low rate of false positives and negatives.
- It can offer a more comprehensive conversation than other technologies due to its ability to analyze written and spoken language.
- It uses Natural language processing trained to process and understand natural language, making it an effective tool for communicating with people who may not speak the same language or have different communication styles.
- Making Homework for children will become easy and they will depend on Chat GPT, reducing their thinking capabilities.
ChatGPT can interact like humans, but it doesn’t have a brain. The chatbot will only respond to questions directly and as defined within its system. Sometimes the answer you get will be irrelevant and nonsensical. So, everyone has to be ready for inaccurate results while using this chatbot.
For example, the chatbot won’t add sarcasm or emotions to an answer. It will respond to it directly in a formal tone.
ChatGPT can pull information from the internet to respond to users’ questions. It may have a pool of information, but it doesn’t have as much knowledge as humans. Hence, the chatbot may not be able to answer all your questions every time. For instance, ChatGPT cannot answer questions related to recent developments in a particular field.
- NO DEPT INFORMATION: While ChatGPT may respond to almost every question you ask, it has been observed that it doesn’t provide detailed information. It gives short answers or a summary of the topic
- Sometimes its answers will contain fluff that is of no use. It might not provide in-depth answers or explain the topic in simple terms.
- LACK OF EXPRESSIONS: ChatGPT can answer your questions, but they won’t be in an expressive way as humans would do. The chatbot is a machine and lacks expressive language. It sticks to a formal tone where you won’t realize any emotions within the answers. They will be in straightforward language.
- For example, if you ask ChatGPT to write a poem on love, it will be immediately written. But the poem will lack expressions and emotions.
- NO COMPLEX SOLVING MECHANISM: One of the things ChatGPT can do is solve mathematical problems. But if you test out this feature, you’ll learn that the results are unexpected. For instance, ChatGPT can solve simple addition, subtraction, division, or multiplication problems within a second.
- However, the moment you give it an equation with multiple maths operations, the chatbot will give up! The result won’t be accurate or will take too long to deliver.
- ONLY TEXT INPUTS: One of the major limitations of ChatGPT is that the platform accepts inputs in text format only. You can instruct it to perform a task using your voice, but it won’t access other media like videos, URLs, or images.
- If you want to command the chatbot using some information from an image, you’ll have to interpret it for the platform.
- LIMITED INPUT: ChatGPT cannot respond to a long form of text input. The platform won’t work if you ask it to summarise a long story or novel and insert its text as input, the platform won’t work. Instead, it will give you some random results.
- NO MULTITASKING: ChatGPT can respond to only one query at a time. It will give an irrelevant response if you ask it to perform various actions.
- For example, if you ask it to play a game and solve a maths equation at the same time, the platform will give an error.
- NOT A COMPLETE PRODUCT: ChatGPT is not a fully-developed product. The platform is still being trained, and many more improvements are yet to come. So, you can expect several changes to occur, and future results may be more accurate.
DISADVANTAGES OF CHAT GPT
- Chatgpt is a learning model that can only respond based on feed data when there are feeds in the trained data.
- They can also be represented in the answer to the corresponding question, ChatGPT doesn’t understand like the human brain.
- They are only as accurate as the data and algorithms based on, so, some chatbot conversations could result in frustration and confusion for customers trying to get help.
- Chatgpt cannot handle complex questions or requests.
- It needs more time to offer timely responses due to the time it takes for the program to respond.
- It needs to take time to process and generate a response, and customers may have to wait longer than they would with a human customer service agent.
- It can’t empathize with users or understand their emotions, making it challenging to offer support in certain situations.
- Chat GPTs have a limited range of topics they can discuss.
- It can end human creativity, and reduce human Intelligence, People will stop working hard, Children’s thinking capabilities can be reduced, and faith in wrong answers.
GOAL OF CHATGPT
- ChatGPT is the brainchild of OpenAI, an artificial intelligence research company. Its mission is to develop a “safe and beneficial” artificial general intelligence system or to help others do so.
- ChatGPT has the potential to be transformative in the business landscape. With its ability to automate routine tasks, provide real-time data analysis, support multiple languages, and improve data accuracy, ChatGPT could change the way time and resources are allocated
- They can significantly improve customer support by providing quick and personalized responses to customer queries and needs.
- Marketing and sales – Chatbots can assist in lead generation, prospect evaluation, and closing deals by guiding customers through the buying process